Andrew Alliance is advancing science with a new class of high-performance, easy-to-use robots that dramatically improve the repeatability, performance and speed of liquid handling. This new approach, and Andrew, the flagship robot, are winning awards and rapidly transforming bench research in hundreds of pharmaceutical, diagnostic and academic laboratories worldwide, by eliminating routine pipetting errors and time-consuming manual efforts. Visit andrewalliance.com to see how it works.
We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who is hard working, eager to learn and committed to growing within our organization. The entry-level engineer will participate in multiple aspects of the software testing process including design, test, documentation deployment and maintenance of the software solutions and products controlling our robots and devices. The person will benefit from working inside the R&D team that will offer support to greatly enhance his/her technical skills and knowledge.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, implement and verify test automation solutions in software and hardware in a highly specialized C/C++ framework.
- Ensure software and hardware test and troubleshooting of devices.
- Execute automated tests, analyze and document their results.
- Engage in systematic software maintenance, including unit and system testing.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Review, analyze, and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
Required minimum profile
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proven working experience in software engineering with preferably one to five years of experience in the field.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team is essential.
- Demonstrated development capacity with object-oriented programming (C/C++ experience is mandatory).
- Knowledge in embedded SW development.
- Knowledge of Bash scripting, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) are considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of version control system is required.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Experience both with UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Windows™ environment.
- Affinity for hardware, interest in mechatronic and vision-based devices.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Test Software Development experience is preferred.